BIOLOGICAL SAFETY CABINET
(Micro Processor Based)
Biological Safety Cabinet :- CLASS 100
Laminar Air Flow BIOSAFE Biological Safety Cabinet complies with the guidelines laid down by U.S. National Institute of Health, and the specifications of British Standard 5726 — Appendix A for class II Biological Safety Cabinets. It is an integral factory assembled system. The basic unit is of externally Melamine laminated body housing, Pre Filters, HEPA Filters & Blowers assembly etc. It is suitable for handling medium to low risk organisms encountered in research, Investigation, Labs in all branches of Medical, Agriculture, and Pharmaceutical & Science.
Made of thick ply board covered with sun mica. Interior surfaces epoxy painted. The work table made of SS Sheet and is fitted with UV Germicidal Light, Static Pressure Manometer, Exhaust System suitable for 6 feet duct and Virus Burn Out Unit. Side panels are made of thick transparent plexi glass duly framed. The unit is fitted with pre-filter and HEPA Filter. The blower and motor assembly has statically and dynamically balanced Motor of FHP Capacity. The working area is illuminated by fluorescent lights fitted to the unit. The unit is also convertible to the conventional Vertical Flow Bench with downward air flow by lifting the sliding front door upwards. Air is sucked through the pre-filter and the excess air is thrown out from the top, though a HEPA filter of size 1x1x6. Supplied with Hepa filter, pre-filter, UV Light and Fluorescent light.In addition to normal feature of Vertical Laminar Flow, It is provided with following unique features :
• Re-Circulation of Air – offering highest level of cleanliness.
• Sliding Sash – renders unit convertible for use as a conventional vertical laminar down flow clean air work station.
• Filtered Exhaust – protects ambient environment, and avoids build up, air borne particles.
• Supplementary Air Barrier – prevents contamination through make up air.
• Glove Ports and Gauntlets – permits working with medium to low-risk organisms, pathogenic cultures or unidentified stains that tend to aerosolize in unknown concentrations (Optional).
• Fumigation Tray – for effective disinfection/ decontamination (Optional)
• Built in U.V. Germicidal light – facilitates sterilization of working area before and after use.
• Cock – for gas, air or vacuum, (only 1 no.) is provided.
• Static Pressure Manometer – is used for monitoring the HEPA filters.
|Size of HEPA filter||4’×1.5’×6′|
|No. of HEPA filter (Unit supplied with prefilter)||1|
|U.V. Tube at work area||30 w|
|U.V. Tube at exhaust||15 w|